Scientific research is conducted for the inventory of data pertaining to the condition of a painting or for the purpose of authenticity determination.
We are specialized in:
- pigment and binding media analysis
- Ultra-high resolution digital imaging in the visible, infrared and ultraviolet fluorescence
- Interpretation of technical imaging
- Technical research for establishing attribution, condition, dating and use of materials
Our atelier is furnished with the following advanced scientific research equipment:
- Bruker Micro-XrfTM 800
- ultra violet-fluorescence imaging
- infrared camera
- a polarised light stereo-microscope
We have a sustainable and established partnership for X-Ray, SEM-EDS, k-edge imaging, tomography and dendrochronology.